Regardless of where you intend to start your coffee shop business in the United States, these are the main costs you are expected to incur when starting a mid-sized but standard coffee shop business in the United States of America.
Common costs of restaurant business in Virginia:
- The total business registration fee is $750. If you have no idea where to take the registration fee, you may surf the website containing the information about payday loans Norfolk, especially if you decide to start restaurant business in Virginia.
- Legal costs for getting licenses and permits, as well as accounting services totaling $1,300.
- Marketing advertising costs for your coffee shop grand opening in the amount of $3,500, as well as printing flyers (2,000 flyers at $0,04 per copy) for a total of $3,580.
- The cost of hiring a consultant is $2,500.
- Insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property damage) coverage for a total premium of $2,400.
- The 12 months lease payment cost $1.76 per square foot for a total of $52,800.
- The cost of reconstruction of the store is $10,000.
- Other start-up expenses, including office supplies ($500) and telephone and utility bills ($2,500) for which you may also get to know more about payday loans Virginia. The website contains as much useful as possible.
- Operating expenses for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payment of bills, etc.) – $60,000.
- The cost of the initial stock is $16,027.
- Coffee beans (12 regular brands and five decaf brands) $6,000, filters for coffee, baked goods, salads, sandwiches, tea, drinks, etc. – $7,900.
- Retail items (napkins, coffee bags, cleaning, etc.) – $1,840.
- Stationery cost (one month) $287.
- Espresso machine cost $6,000.
- The cost of the coffee maker is $900.
- Coffee grinder cost $200.
- Catering equipment (microwave oven, toasters, dishwasher, refrigerator, blender, etc.)
- Countertop hardware cost (countertops, sinks, ice machines, etc.) – $9,500.
- Service area equipment (plates, glasses, cutlery) – $3,000.
- The cost of store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signs) is $13,750.
- Office equipment and furniture is $3,600.
- Expenses for the purchase of furniture and gadgets (computers, printers, telephones, TVs, audio systems, tables and chairs, etc.) – $4,000.
- Website launch costs $600.
- The introductory party is $5,000.
- Additional costs (business cards, signage, advertisements and promotions, etc.): $5,000.
The cost of running a cafe on a small scale in Virginia
Based on the market research and feasibility report, you would need an estimate of $75,000 – $250,000 to successfully start a standard small cafe bar in Virginia. This amount includes the salary of all employees and the CEO (owner) for 3 months. Note that while this is a small coffee shop, that doesn’t mean it’s on par with the average mobile coffee shop in the United States.
Cost of starting a mid-sized cafe in Virginia
You will need an estimate of $300,000 to successfully open a mid-sized but standard coffee shop in Virginia. Please note that this amount includes the salaries of all staff for the first 3 months of work and only applies to one coffee shop.
The cost of launching a cafe in Virginia on a large scale
When it comes to launching standard and large Café / Bar with multiple outlets in key cities in the United States of America, a company intending to sell a franchise, then you should be looking at a budget of over $1 million.